Mainstreaming Nature-based Solutions for Water and Climate Security: The Next Decade (Part 2)
The second webinar in our series on effective, scalable nature-based solutions
March 10, 2022
11:00 am – 12:15 pm PET/ET
In the first webinar in this series, we explored how Peru transformed its infrastructure sector in just a few short years to publicly invest in nature-based solutions and the specific steps taken by the diverse actors that made it possible. Now, Peru is poised for a new wave of investment, at significantly larger scale. Once again, the country will be charting a new path that will be of interest to countries around the world: Once the groundwork for natural infrastructure investments has been laid, how do you scale to the second order of magnitude?
In this webinar, we discuss what the next decade will look like for natural infrastructure for Peru and for other countries that seek to harness nature-based solutions for water and climate security. We discuss new roles for national and local government, international cooperation agencies, philanthropic foundations, and communities. We explore how Peru’s models can be adapted to other places, and look at how growing priorities, such as climate adaptation and green recovery plans, can be incorporated into infrastructure planning and water governance.
- Gena Gammie, Deputy Director, Natural Infrastructure for Water Security project, Forest Trends
- Manuel Pulgar-Vidal, Global Leader of Climate & Energy, WWF; Former Minister of the Environment of Peru; President of the Twentieth Conference of the Parties to the UNFCCC; Forest Trends Board of Directors
- Gonzalo Delacámara, IMDEA, International Advisor to OECD, UN, European Commission and World Bank Group (including 2030 Water Resources Group)
- Sally Collins, Former Associate Chief, United States Forest Service; Forest Trends Board of Directors
- Kerry Reeves, Deputy Director, Office of Environment and Sustainable Growth, USAID Peru
- Marie-Eve Millar, First Secretary, Global Affairs Canada, Peru Program
Journey Towards Water Security, Results to date, Natural Infrastructure for Water Security project, September 2021