Webinar: Sifting the Assortment of Chocolate Sustainability this Valentine’s Day
11 February 2021 | 9:00 – 10:00 am EST
Mounting public scrutiny around deforestation and child labor concerns in cocoa production has motivated a growing number of companies to explore how best to achieve ethical cocoa value chains. With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, experts from Rainforest Alliance, Forest Trends’ Supply Change initiative, and Nestlé will discuss trends and lessons learned among companies in the process of setting, implementing, monitoring, and reporting on their commitments. This session will introduce high-level research findings by Supply Change and the Accountability Framework initiative from their upcoming report, comparing corporate alignment with the Accountability Framework to serve as a basis for discussing emerging risks and opportunities for companies active in the cocoa sector.
In this session, participants will discuss:
- Corporate approaches to framing ethical cocoa value chain commitments to strengthen and accelerate sector-wide improvements in forest and human rights protections
- Innovative solutions trending among companies in the process of implementing their commitments
- A growing consolidation and alignment around corporate disclosure on ethical value chain commitments from corporate buyers, campaigners, and governments
- Darrel High – Head, Nestlé Cocoa Plan, Nestlé S.A.
- Leah Samberg – Staff Scientist, Rainforest Alliance & Accountability Framework
- Kate Ellis – Associate, Supply Change Initiative, Forest Trends
- Philip Rothrock – Program Manager, Supply Change Initiative, Forest Trends