IFEMA - IETA Business Hub @ COP25
When: Mon, December 9, 2019, 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM CET
Where: IETA Business Hub, COP25, IFEMA – Feria de Madrid
Historic and recent evidence is clear that the time to plant trees at-scale is now. Trees are an agreed-upon, low-cost, effective, and scalable approach to mitigating the impacts of a changing climate. So, what are the current opportunities and barriers to restoring forest landscapes globally? How is the private sector making a business case to invest in forest restoration? The Arbor Day Foundation and its partners will explore both market-based and non-market-based approaches to guiding investments into restoring forests and community trees.
Speakers and Panelists:
- Stephen Donofrio – Director, Ecosystem Marketplace & Supply Change Initiatives at Forest Trends
- Ashley Allen – Senior Manager, Climate and Land at Mars Incorporated
- Jonathan Shopley – Managing Director at Natural Capital Partners
- Rebekah Braswell – Chief Commercial Officer at Land Life Company
- Dirk Forrister – CEO at IETA
- Margaret (Maggie) Kim – CEO at Gold Standard
- Jeremy Manion – Lead, Forestry Carbon Markets & Natural Climate Solutions at Arbor Day Foundation
*PLEASE NOTE – Due to limited space, this event is by invitation only. Also, this event will be in the COP25 ‘Blue Zone’ where UNFCCC delegate/observer/press badges are required to attend.