Deforestation forum: How business can tackle deforestation
Pew Conference Center, Washington, DC, USA
As part of a broader, global series of meetings, including London and Singapore, this forum will bring together key corporate practitioners, NGOs and governmental representatives for a post COP21 outlook, to discuss and debate how far we have come in tackling deforestation risks, implementing policies and collaborating effectively.
There will be focused debates and practical working sessions on:
- Smallholder farmer engagement: A look at the practical examples of successful engagement and how these might be scaled
- Forest restoration: A critical debate on whether company commitments to restore forests are sustainable, or even possible
- Moving forward post COP21: Evaluation of the outcomes and what they mean for business
- Transferable lessons: the soy moratorium Analysis of the key elements of success, and lessons learned for transferring the model elsewhere
- Meeting company commitments: Find out how far companies have come, the challenges they face and how to overcome them
- Clarifying zero v net-zero deforestation: Understand the difference in this complex and critical area, and find out what approach companies should take
- Effective collaboration: Steps to making partnerships work
Confirmed participants include senior execs from Sime Darby, Mars, 3M, Office Depot, McDonalds, Bunge, Cargill, World Resources Institute, International Paper, Procter & Gamble, Georgia-Pacific, Kimberly-Clark, Rainforest Alliance and many more.
You can see more info on the event here: http://innovation-forum.co.uk/deforestation-forum-dc.php
Forest Trends Ecosystem Marketplace is pleased to be a Media Partner at the event and welcomes our friends and colleagues to register at a 20% discount using the code IF20D.