Monona Terrace Community and Convention Center, Madison, WI, USA
The SER2013 World Conference on Ecological Restoration: Reflections on the Past, Directions for the Future will bring together more than 1,500 individuals and organizations from around the world interested in the science and practice of ecological restoration as it relates to natural resource management, climate change, biodiversity conservation, traditional ecological knowledge, environmental policy and sustainable livelihoods. Delegates will include practitioners, researchers, planners/managers, students and volunteers with backgrounds in earth sciences, landscape architecture, ecological engineering, natural resource management, public policy, economics, indigenous cultures and community-based activities.
The conference will feature world-renowned keynote and plenary speakers as well as numerous symposia, training workshops, concurrent scientific sessions and field trips.
Past symposia and sessions have included topics such as:
- Reinstating landscape connectivity and reducing fragmentation
- Threatened and endangered species, populations and habitats
- Invasive species management
- Restoration in parks and protected areas
- Restoration in an urban context
- Monitoring and adaptive management
- Natural capital and ecosystem services
- Agro-ecological and silvicultural systems
- The role of restoration in mitigating and adapting to climate change
- Environmental policy at the local, regional and national level
- Traditional ecological knowledge and community-based restoration
The conference program will be organized around the following:
- 8-10 concurrent sessions featuring a wide variety of invited presenters
- Poster sessions highlighting research in restoration ecology and innovative practices in ecological restoration
- Plenary sessions and keynote speakers to introduce and synthesize important topics
- Pre- and post-conference technical workshops and training courses that strengthen and expand participants’ knowledge and skills
- Social events, working groups and other networking opportunities
SER2013 is the 5th World Conference of the Society for Ecological Restoration.
Online registration closes on September 27, 2013. We strongly encourage you to register for the conference in advance, as onsite rates will be significantly higher.
Go to the website for more information.