How to design mitigation measures, including biodiversity offsets, for an individual site or project ?
- What are the key steps to take?
- Should the process of designing biodiversity offsets be integrated with impact assessment, and how?
- Why and how to identify stakeholders and engage them in the design and implementation of biodiversity offsets.
- When are biodiversity offsets not appropriate as some impacts cannot be offset?
- How to approach the calculation of losses and gains, in working towards NNL/NG?
- How can a natural capital account be used to monitor whether a net gain of biodiversity is achieved? And to put a value on the wider environmental, societal and economic co-benefits of doing so?
- How to understand issues around stacking and bundling of ecosystem services and biodiversity? How to maximize the benefits and limit the risks when compensating for multiple overlapping ecosystem goods and services (e.g. related to water, carbon, biodiversity)?