Definitions, examples and further information
- How many governments already have law and policy on themitigation hierarchy and No Net Loss or a Net Gain of biodiversity, biodiversity offsets or compensation?
- What are the key definitions and what do the terms mean?
- How to establish baselines and counterfactuals?
- How to identify any policy, regulatory and capacity gaps that would need to be filled for a mitigation system to work in practice?
- What are examples of government and IGO policies?
- How to assess losses and gains at the jurisdictional level to determine the feasibility of a NNL/NG policy?
- How to consider social and cultural aspects of Biodiversity Net Gain?