IT and Web Development Associate
Application Due Date: 10/15/2015
FOREST TRENDS is a cutting-edge international not-for-profit environmental conservation organization based in Washington, D.C., that works to achieve sustainable forest management and conservation by capturing market values for ecosystem services. FT supports innovative projects and companies that are developing these new markets and works to enhance the livelihoods of local communities living in and around ecosystems.
We are seeking an experienced IT specialist with web development experience (preferred) who has a strong work ethic, a desire and openness to learn, and the flexibility to take on a range of tasks related to IT network and user support and Web development. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio of prior development and/or design projects to email@example.com by September 15, 2015.
Time dedication and location: The position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C. office.
Roles & Responsibilities IT:
- Assist FT staff with hardware and software technical-support issues,
- Support FT staff with advanced software features (i.e. advanced formatting in Microsoft Word; formula or macro creation in Excel, etc.),
- Work with Office 365 integration including Sharepoint,
- Ability to work with large data sets and graphical presentation a plus,
- Document and maintain hardware and software inventories,
- Manage and maintain network passwords and permissions, and
- Manage purchases of IT equipment and software licenses.
Roles & Responsibilities Web Development:
- Maintain organizational website,
- Maintain and support of PHP/MySQL-based applications and content management systems,
- Work with other IT staff to design and implement future web-based applications, and
- Perform basic formatting/design tasks in Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Office 365 functionality and implementation,
- Demonstrated experience with multiple Operating Systems and hardware,
- PHP-based projects a plus,
- Demonstrated experience with PHP-based projects a plus,
- Strong experience with relational database,
- Intermediate working knowledge of HTML/CSS,
- Ability to work with Linux administration a plus,
- Foreign-language skills (esp. Spanish or Portuguese), a plus,
- Graphic design experience and ability to work with design software including Adobe Photoshop Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator and/or Fireworks, and
- Interest in environmental conservation.
- Proactive, able to self-manage, multi-task and troubleshoot,
- Excellent planning, time management and execution skills,
- Ability to respond quickly to new developments, and
- Working with innovative communications solutions.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.