Application Due Date: 09/14/2015
Based in Washington, D.C. the Ecosystem Marketplace Manager will support and grow our range of activities, products, readership, and profile across ecosystem research areas (forestry, water, biodiversity, agriculture). As an integrated member of the Forest Trends management team, the Manager will ensure consistently high-quality products are developed by a dependable and expert team, in concert with Forest Trends' mission and strategy.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Line manage direct and indirect reports to develop high-quality reports, articles, analyses, and web content;
- Contribute to and edit reports, web content and articles against a publications quality standard and schedule as agreed with Director and Forest Trends communications team;
- assuming responsibility for ensuring: (a) adherence to publication schedule; and (b) the accuracy of analyses, findings and written representation of findings; and (c) that EM website content is well-maintained and current; and (d) consistency (including consistent quality) across all EM reports, articles and news briefs;
- Manage contractors (e.g. designer, printer, communications/promotions) and related invoicing directly, or support relevant Associate(s) or Forest Trends team member(s) to do so;
- Develop and manage program budget in collaboration with Forest Trends finance team, EM leadership; including regular check-ins with finance team;
- Manage grants, including timely execution of deliverables and financial and narrative reports;
- Coordinate EM representation at meetings, conferences and events, in collaboration with direct reports and Director;
- Collaborate with Director and Managing Editor; and coordinate between EM and Forest Trends Communications team in revision of EM website and brand;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Committed to the mission of Forest Trends;
- Master's-level or other advanced degree required;
- Prior experience with project, budget, personnel management required;
- Excellent research, organizational, and communications skills required; professional research and/or journalistic writing experience preferred;
- Experience with Excel required; knowledge of complex formulas preferred (inasmuch as must spot-check Associate/Assistant analyses);
- Interest in and knowledge of payments for ecosystem services and environmental markets functions and lingo a plus;
To apply: Send resume and cover letter to Molly Peters-Stanley: mpeters-stanley (at) ecosystemmarketplace.com. Put "Program Manager Application" in the subject line.
IT and Web Development Associate
Application Due Date: 10/15/2015
FOREST TRENDS is a cutting-edge international not-for-profit environmental conservation organization based in Washington, D.C., that works to achieve sustainable forest management and conservation by capturing market values for ecosystem services. FT supports innovative projects and companies that are developing these new markets and works to enhance the livelihoods of local communities living in and around ecosystems.
We are seeking an experienced IT specialist with web development experience (preferred) who has a strong work ethic, a desire and openness to learn, and the flexibility to take on a range of tasks related to IT network and user support and Web development. To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and portfolio of prior development and/or design projects to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 15, 2015.
Time dedication and location: The position is full-time and based in Washington, D.C. office.
Roles & Responsibilities IT:
- Assist FT staff with hardware and software technical-support issues,
- Support FT staff with advanced software features (i.e. advanced formatting in Microsoft Word; formula or macro creation in Excel, etc.),
- Work with Office 365 integration including Sharepoint,
- Ability to work with large data sets and graphical presentation a plus,
- Document and maintain hardware and software inventories,
- Manage and maintain network passwords and permissions, and
- Manage purchases of IT equipment and software licenses.
Roles & Responsibilities Web Development:
- Maintain organizational website,
- Maintain and support of PHP/MySQL-based applications and content management systems,
- Work with other IT staff to design and implement future web-based applications, and
- Perform basic formatting/design tasks in Photoshop or Fireworks.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office including Office 365 functionality and implementation,
- Demonstrated experience with multiple Operating Systems and hardware,
- PHP-based projects a plus,
- Demonstrated experience with PHP-based projects a plus,
- Strong experience with relational database,
- Intermediate working knowledge of HTML/CSS,
- Ability to work with Linux administration a plus,
- Foreign-language skills (esp. Spanish or Portuguese), a plus,
- Graphic design experience and ability to work with design software including Adobe Photoshop Adobe InDesign and/or Illustrator and/or Fireworks, and
- Interest in environmental conservation.
- Proactive, able to self-manage, multi-task and troubleshoot,
- Excellent planning, time management and execution skills,
- Ability to respond quickly to new developments, and
- Working with innovative communications solutions.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.