Forest Trends' Communities Initiative Program Associate
Forest Trends is an international non-profit organization that works to expand the value of forests to society; to promote sustainable forest management and conservation by creating and capturing market values for ecosystem services; to support innovative projects and companies that are developing these new markets; and to enhance the livelihoods of local communities living in and around those forests. We do this by analyzing strategic market and policy issues, catalyzing connections between forward-looking producers, communities and investors, and developing new financial tools to help markets work for conservation and people.
Forest Trends' Communities Initiative is seeking a Program Associate to provide strong support The Initiative supports community rights and livelihoods based on integrated natural resource management approaches, building local capacity to benefit from ecosystem services compensation and other economic incentives.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
• manage website content including uploading and entering new resources
• coordinate monthly publication of program newsletter including editing, formatting and uploading it to the on-line platform,
• draft consultant agreements, contracts and track consultant invoicing
• provide support for writing grant proposals as well as writing and reporting on existing grants, including conducting research when needed.
• support the publication of program materials, briefs and papers, coordinating production activities with FT Communications team
• provide logistical support for program meetings and staff travel
• provide general program administrative support and perform other duties as needed.
• Excellent analytical, writing, research, organizational and time management skills
• A strong interest in the subject matter and ability to organize and clearly communicate information
• Undergraduate degree in related field
• Previous experience and interest in working with community groups
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Excel
• Fluent reading, writing and speaking Brazilian Portuguese required, knowledge of Spanish a plus
Location: Washington, D.C.
Salary: Comensurate with experience, includes a generous benefits package
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Amanda Jorgenson email@example.com by March 30, 2016.Read more...